I would love to use Opera because It has some very cool features.
After reinstalling windows, remove and reinstall the browser… back up opera settings is very necessary.
I have found it a very useful tool: Stu’s Opera Settings Import & Export Tool.
Stu’s Opera Settings Import & Export Tool is developed explicitly to take much of this hassle away. This tiny piece does hell of a job in backing up and restoration of your bookmarks, mail, contacts, sessions, preferences, etc and enables easy transfer of them between Opera installations in different folders or drives. It also remarkably restores the settings if they appear to be lost.
- Easy to use
- Lets you preview your settings before importing or exporting
- Allows cleanly transferring individual settings without the cruft that can build up in an Opera profile folder
- Available for both Windows and Linux, and your settings can be transferred between OSes
- Intelligently locates all the Opera profiles on a typical Windows system, so good for finding “lost” profiles
- Stores settings files in their original state in an open archive (tar.gz) format, so your exported settings can always be easily restored by hand should the need arise
- Corrects .ini paths on import so settings imported from a different folder/OS work correctly
- It is a portable tool that is only 520KB in size. It works on all versions of Windows.