After the release of iPhone 3GS there are so many app avialable on the internet, some are paid one and some are free. So am here presenting the list of 51 Free iPhone 3G / 3GS Applications. Power up your iPhone without spending a thing. Here’s our pick of the best 51 free apps on offer. Check out the list below:
1. HeyWay – HeyWay uses GPS to locate your current position to share or send it to your friends through Push Notification. Which mean you don’t need to have the application running all the time.
2. Video Downloader iWoopie Lit – iWoopie Lite can search global video portals (Youtube/DailyMotion and match more), watch and download videos to your iPhone.
3. Trapster – Trapster will notify you of red light cameras and speed cameras around you. It also stores location where Police Often Hide. As you drive, it will notify you by voice when you are approaching any of those camera or police hide out location. Pretty cool application, just imagine your mobile telling you that you are moving towards speed traps
4. Bloomberg – Nice application for checking shares price, it has around 20 minutes delay. Its features include short term and long term graph, the graph stretch in landscape mode on iPhone. Nice one. It also has related news for each share. Commodity, oil price and also indices.’
5. Joost – Watch over 46000 videos from Joost on your iPhone or iPod touch with this free app Store app download from Joost.
6. Metro Melbourne and Metlink Melbourne – Living in Melbourne and catching public transportation to and from work each day, make this application very useful. It stores timetables of train lines, tram and buses. Ability to setup Favourites points (could be train stations, tram stops or bus stops) makes it very user friendly.
7. Currency – As you would probably guessed, currency converter. Useful for quickly checking currency exchange rates.
8. Free Photo Filters – Free photo filters app provides filters include Lomography Filter, Poloarizing Filter, Black and White Filter, Retro Effect Filter and more.
10. Zynga Live Poker – Play poker live with other IPhone on the train. Users are able to connect and use their Facebook account to play. Few rounds and you are home. Time flies…
12. Palringo – Messaging / chat clients, it works with Yahoo! Messenger, MSN and etc.
13. Read It Later Free – Read It Later, a cross-platform browser extension for saving online articles for later reading, has just debuted their newly updated iPhone application. This latest version introduces a number of useful features for voracious mobile readers including support for articles spanning multiple pages, support for sites requiring logins (like WSJ or NYT), new sharing features, and a lot more.
14. Puri! Lite - Puri! Lite is a photo sticker booth that you canbring with you everywhere. With the latest update, you can show off your great photos to your friends on Facebook with a click of a button!
15. Skype – This feature brings the popular Web-based calling service to the iPhone. Use it to make free Skype-to-Skype calls, landline calls, free instant messaging and more.
16. SugarSync – This is a companion app of the SugarSync desktop app letting you sync your Mac and PC files to your iPhone so that you can access them anywhere. To use this app, you need to install the SugarSync desktop first.
17. Excuse Generator – With a touch of a button, this app generates the perfect excuse to skip out on school, work or the undesired activity of your choice.
18. FedEx Mobile for iPhone – FedEx Mobile for iPhone provides up-to-date shipment tracking information. Simply input your FedEx tracking number, and you can quickly retrieve the status of your shipment. You can also personalize your view by nicknaming shipments, adding notes or creating a watch list for monitoring important shipments.
19. Files Lite – Take documents with you wherever your iPhone or iPod touch goes, view them and transfer them easily to any compatible Mac or PC.
20. Comic Touch Lite – Make your photos come alive by giving them the Comic Touch. Add balloon to give your subjects thoughts and words
21. Free Translator – This application provides an interface to the free Google Translate API for many languages including Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
22. TripIt – Another useful travel-related iPhone app, TripIt is a great travel organizer. It lets you send your travel confirmations email to the TripIt.com site and a master itinerary for your trip will be automatically generated. This itinerary will contain flight information, hotel bookings, car rental information, maps, driving directions and even the local weather conditions. It does, however, require membership at the TripIt site.
23. Holy Bible – Get multiple version of bible translations and languages on your IPhone. You able to choose either to store it locally or access it online. Bookmarking and the highlighting feature is quite cool as well. Highlight a verse in your bible to store it for later viewing or email it to your family / friends. Simply one of the best iPhone application.
24. Linked in – Network with your ex-colleagues, employment agencies and your co-workers.
25. AIM (Free Edition) – This is the free version of AIM’s social networking app for the iPhone. It lets you connect with your friends through Wi-Fi, EDGE or 3G networks. This version features multiple screen configurations and optional SMS notification when you receive messages. You can stay logged in 24-hours a day, view expressions and update your status.
26. AllRecipes.com Dinner Spinner – This is the iPhone version of the popular food site Allrecipes.com, putting thousands of quick and easy recipes in the palm of your hand. It contains reviews from food experts and high-res photos. Search for recipes based on the occasion, the ingredients, or the cooking time.
27. Backgrounds - This app gives you a daily dose of cool backgrounds for your iPhone. You can search through more than 5,00 background wallpapers with new ones added daily. Choose from over 30 categories such as: Movies, Cars, Funny, Animals, Christmas, Models, Guys, Space, Cute, Sports, Games, Beaches, Water, Messages, Night, Hearts, Swirls, Explosions, Buildings, Cities, Fantasy, Sunsets, Technology, Flowers and many more.
28. Balance – This is an electronic version of a paper-based checkbook register. The app lets you monitor your account balances by entering transactions on your phone. The app features password protection and the ability to export transactions to your computer.
29. BBC Reader – This app lets you browse BBC News stream by category. The reader loads fast, and provides an image slide show of top stories. You can access the reader even if you’re iPhone is not online or you’re in a low 3G reception spot.
30. Bump - This app was the billionth downloaded from Apple’s App Store. It’s a simple app that lets you transfer contact information from one iPhone to another iPhone by slightly bumping two iPhones together.
Dictionary.com -The free Dictionary.com app delivers world-class reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com including more than 275,000 definitions and 80,000 synonyms. The app also features audio pronunciations, similarly spelled words and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day that is enjoyed by more than a million users.
32. Discover – Discover is a mobile file manager application that allows you to manage, store, view and transfer files with other computers or iPhones, within the same Wi-Fi network. It also allows you to access local or public servers on the Internet, both within or without Wi-Fi connections.
33. Dictionary – It’s very handy to have a dictionary app on iPhone. I don’t need to open my browser anymore. It has a thesaurus and voice feature.
34. A Personal Assistant – Need an assistant to manage your personal online accounts? This app lets you monitor banking, credit card transactions, investment accounts, and cell minutes among other tasks. The app supports accounts from Bloomberg, Chase, Bank of America, United, and others.
35. Action Method – This is another task management app, which lets you delegate or receive tasks on your iPhone. Tasks entries get synched automatically on your desktops. The app also lets you manage your contacts and organize tasks into groups.
36. Dog Whistler – Dog Whistler is a free iPhone or iPod touch app that has been ranked in the top 10 free apps. This free, useful dog whistle can be used to teach your dog new tricks and to get his/her attention at any time!
37. EasyWriter – This app is particularly useful when composing emails. It provides an alternative typing interface in the iPhone’s landscape view. It also allows you to pinch and zoom text to adjust its size and keeps track of your text when incoming call or text message comes in.
38. Free Wi-Fi Finder – JiWire’s iPhone App Makes It Easy to Find Wi-Fi Wherever You Go. With more than 200,000 locations in 135 countries, JiWire’s Wi-Fi Finder makes it easy to search for free- and pay-access Wi-Fi hotspots wherever you are or plan to be.
FuzeLite – This is a robust app featuring SSL secure instant messaging through Windows Live Messenger, AIM, Yahoo!, Google Talk and Jabber. The app offers a free personal phone conference bridge number, and a free online meeting account.
39. iFirstAid – This app could save lives. It provides all the basic information you need for handling an emergency situation and applying first-aid properly. The app was developed in cooperation with the White Cross Rescue Association, so know the information is reliable.
40. iReference – Both simple and useful, this app offers three reference tools – a thesaurus, dictionary and proverb search. It contains more than 140,000 thesaurus and dictionary words and more than 1,000 proverbs. You can also bookmark results to view them later.
41. iSpreadSheet - There are several spreadsheet apps for the iPhone, but most require a fee. This is your best choice for a free spreadsheet tool. It has loads of features including Google Docs integration, online and offline worksheet management, portrait and wide-screen landscape views, complex formulas and more.
42. New York Times – The NYTimes iPhone application allows you to enjoy the high-quality journalism of The New York Times on your iPhone, wherever you are. Specifically designed to utilize the features and navigation of the iPhone, this application syncs and downloads the latest news directly to the device.
43. Note Me – I don’t know about you, but I find the default iPhone Notes app a little low on features. Note Me is a more powerful app letting you create notes and assign tags for easier searching later. You can even color code those tags for better note organization.
44. Pandora Box – This app will let you to stay up on the other iPhone apps hitting the iTunes Apps Store every day. You can view apps that have discount offers or paid apps that just became free. Use it to create your own list of favorite apps, track apps you need most, and search for apps by name.
45. QuickVoice Recorder with Free Voicemail – One of the most popular voice recorders for the iPhone, this app is very useful for recording ideas, to do lists, lectures, classes and more. It features one-touch recording, one-touch stopping and hours of recording space.
46. Wall Street Journal - This app is the online version of WSJ. It provided an updated news stream from the online version of the paper. This is great as long as you don’t mind the mobile ads.
47. Wikiamo – This is a nice Wikipedia viewer designed for your iPhone. It’s fully customizable even allowing you to view cached articles offline.
48. Y! Music – If you’ve been using Yahoo LaunchCast powered by CBS, you’ll want this iPhone version. The app lets you listen to various radio stations around the country including Yahoo’s 150 stations. Since it’s streaming radio, the sound quality can’t compare to the iPhone’s iPod app.
49. Yahoo Messenger – Fans of Yahoo Messenger rejoiced when this app was released. It brings the same robust interface of the Web-based YM to the iPhone.
50. BeamCatcher – BeamCatcher is the free app that lets your friends and family wirelessly share photos with you.
51. Private Pics – The perfect application for anyone who wants to keep people from accidentally seeing their private pictures.