Without a doubt, Windows 7 is a much better operating system than its predecessors, but that doesn’t mean it is the speediest of them all. Due to the hardware requirement, those who still have their old computer may not get the same performance as good as they had with Windows XP. Even if the computer comes with all the latest hardware installed, there are still many factors that can substantially slow down the performance. In this article, we are going to show you 6 useful ways to improve the speed and performance of your Windows 7.
1. Disable Unnecessary Visual Effects
- Right click on “Computer” in windows start menu and choose “Properties”.
- Click on “Advanced System Settings” at the left pane.
- Under the “Advanced” tab, click on “Settings” under “Performance” category. Select the “Custom:” option.
- Look through the list and uncheck the effects that you have no used for it. (Note: For optimum result, uncheck all the check box except the last four items). Click OK.
- Restart your computer.